General election 2015: what issues should we check?
During the Scottish referendum campaign, Ipsos Mori asked people in Scotland how easy or difficult it was to find trustworthy information. 61% found it fairly or very difficult. We can do better than that.
In the run up to the 2015 general election, we want to create a trove of digestible, robust information about the issues people say they care about, that can be drawn upon by voters, candidates and journalists alike.
Weve come up with a list of topics we expect well need to be prepared to factcheck, as well as those that might benefit from added context or clarification.
Were asking you to have a look at our plans, tell us if were covering the right things, and let us know if you can help.
Were planning to cover topics like:
- The economy: debt and deficit, housing, living standards
- Health: A&E, privatisation, social care
- Immigration: Brits living abroad, net migration, immigration from Bulgaria and Romania
Heres the full list.
- What questions occur to you, looking over the list?
- Is there anything missing?
- Which of the topics matters to you most?
If youre an expert in something we should be covering and are willing to help, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
If we dont have trustworthy information at our fingertips, were faced with a choice between blind trust and blind cynicism, and its no wonder if we disengage. At Full Fact we think this needs to change and it can only change with your help.