It’s happening. The UK is heading to the polls on 12th December.
This election is hugely significant for everyone in this country. We know our electoral laws have left our democracy badly vulnerable to misinformation and manipulation. We all deserve clear, accurate information to help make up our own minds about who to vote for.
At Full Fact, we’re ready to fact check the campaign. We’ll be working round the clock to get you the information you need to follow the debate and make a confident choice about who to support.
We don’t care who you vote for. We don’t support any political party or campaign. But we will fight on your behalf for trustworthy information, honest campaigning and the integrity of this election.
We will hold all candidates to our three simple principles: get your facts right, back up your claims with evidence and correct the record when you’re wrong.
Over the next six weeks we will:
- Fact check all major parties, campaigns and media outlets
- Call out false and misleading claims and push candidates to correct the record
- Find and expose harmful campaign techniques - from dark ads to untraceable online campaigning
We’ll be doing what we do best, but not alone. We’re bringing in volunteers to support our team of fact checkers, drawing on the insights and experiences of our supporters, and striking new partnerships with national broadcasters and print media to make sure our fact checks reach as many people as possible.
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Sign up to our mailing list to receive the latest fact checks and updates on our work
- Share our content with friends and family - help them to make an informed choice
- Become a Full Fact supporter with a regular or one off donation
Our regular supporters know that our politicians can and should do better. With an average donation of just £10 a month they help us fight for more honest debate, giving Full Fact a steady and independent income throughout every manifesto launch, TV debate, and ad campaign.
They are the reason we are heading into this election with a trained, experienced team that's ready for anything and equipped with the technology to scale up our work. But the next few weeks are critical and the stakes are higher than ever before.
Will you join our regular supporters, and stand up for honesty in politics?